APPLICATIONS RECEIVED UNTIL JULY 21, 2020
Location: Fort Collins, CO (physical presence strongly preferred)
Position type: Two-year full time (potential for longer-term)
EpiX analytics is a consulting and research firm specialized in risk and decision modeling. We are seeking a full-time Scientist. For the first two years, the candidate will focus on projects related to antimicrobial resistance (AMR), human and animal health, infectious disease, and food safety. Because results from the AMR-related projects are expected to be published in peer-reviewed journals, the position can potentially be considered a post-doc position. The candidate will be able to pursue additional funding to continue working on AMR after the initial two year period, or opt to transition to a role that might involve consulting as related to EpiX’s diversified portfolio.
- Design and develop quantitative models of comparative AMR exposure between different food sources, and their impact in human AMR
- Preparation of reports and peer-reviewed scientific articles
- Participation in meetings and presentations to clients
- Regular interactions and collaboration with colleagues and clients
- PhD in a quantitative field. This includes degrees in applied statistics, biostatistics, physics, epidemiology, ecology, or related quantitative field. Applicants with a MSc degree but with exceptional proven equivalent expertise may be considered
- Working experience with simulation and probabilistic modeling
- Working knowledge of the R statistical language and/or other statistical programming environments such as Python, Octave, or Julia
- Knowledge of biosciences, biology, agriculture, and/or food production
- Ability to work independently, with little direct supervision, as well as to collaborate in EpiX’ working teams, as well as with clients
- Proof of work eligibility in the United States
- Experience and knowledge of AMR in humans and animals
- Familiarity with probabilistic exposure assessment methods
- Experience with Excel Monte Carlo simulation Add-ins (e.g. @RISK, Crystal Ball, RiskSolver)
- Working knowledge of whole genome sequencing and its epidemiological analysis
- Working knowledge of acquisition and use of large-scale surveillance data sets for quantitative analysis
What we offer?
- Intellectually engaging consulting and research projects
- Opportunity to work and grow in a diverse and collaborative team where your knowledge and opinion can make a difference
- A working environment with a casual atmosphere and horizontal management structure where you can exchange ideas, learn, and interact directly with colleagues with over 20 years of analytical experience
- Opportunities to present research work, publish white papers and/or scientific articles in relation to work engagements
- Competitive salary while enjoying good work-life balance in beautiful Colorado
- Health insurance, generous vacation plan, 401(K) (including 4% matching), profit share, and paid professional development
Founded in 2003, EpiX Analytics provides pragmatic answers to decision makers using sound quantitative methods. Our team is composed of highly quantitative professionals who enjoy working with a diverse portfolio of clients in the private and public sector.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to pass a background check
EpiX Analytics is an equal opportunity provider and employer. In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, EpiX Analytics is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal for retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all bases apply to all programs).Individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations or alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact Barbara O’Neill at email@example.com, Ph: 303-440-8524.