Dr. Solenne Costard is a senior consultant at EpiX Analytics. As part of her consulting and research work, Solenne applies risk analysis modeling and other analytical techniques to a broad range of projects in a variety of industries worldwide.
Solenne has been involved in a variety of EpiX Analytics’ research and consultancy projects, in the US and abroad. Her experience includes qualitative and quantitative risk assessments, risk-based financial valuations and portfolio management, and pharmaceutical strategic forecasting and analysis. Solenne has also led and worked on engagements that involved food safety modeling, multi-criteria decision analysis, modeling of disease introduction and spread in populations, and various statistical analysis methods.
Solenne is one of the instructors of public and private courses given by EpiX in quantitative risk analysis in general, and epidemiology and food safety in particular. She also participated to the development of new courses, offered by EpiX Analytics and/or in collaboration with other institutions.
Dr. Costard has presented her work at international conferences and published articles in a number of international peer-reviewed journals. She holds a DVM from Oniris Nantes, France, and a Master of Science and PhD from the University of London, UK.
- Pouzou JG, Costard S., Zagmutt FJ. (2018) Probabilistic assessment of dietary exposure to heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons from consumption of meats and breads in the United States. Food Chem. Toxicol. 2018 Apr. 114:361-374. doi:10.1016/j.fct.2018.02.004.
- Pouzou JG, Costard S., Zagmutt FJ. (2018) Probabilistic estimates of heterocyclic amines and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons concentrations in meats and breads applicable to exposure assessments. Food Chem. Toxicol. Apr. 114:346-360. doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2018.02.002.
- Costard S., Espejo L, Groenendaal H, Zagmutt FJ. (2017) Outbreak-Related Disease Burden Associated with Consumption of Unpasteurized Cow's Milk and Cheese, United States, 2009-2014. Emerg. Infect. Dis. 2017 Jun. 23(6):957-964. doi: 10.3201/eid2306.151603.
- Costard S., Zagmutt FJ, Porphyre T, Pfeiffer DU. (2015) Small-scale pig farmers' behavior, silent release of African swine fever-virus and consequences for disease spread. Sci. Rep. 2015 Nov. 27, 5:17074. doi: 10.1038/srep17074.
- Espejo LA, Costard S., Zagmutt FJ. (2015) Modelling canine leishmaniasis spread to non-endemic areas of Europe. Epedemiol. Infect. 2015 JUul. 143(9):1936-49. doi: 10.1017/S0950268814002726.
- Mur L., Martínez-López B., Costard S., de la Torre A., Jones B.A., Martínez M., Sánchez-Vizcaíno F., Muñoz M.J., Pfeiffer D.U., Sánchez-Vizcaíno J.M., Wieland B. (2014). Modular framework to assess the risk of African swine fever virus entry into the European Union. BMC Vet Res. 2014 Jul 3;10:145. doi: 10.1186/1746-6148-10-145
- Roche S.E., Costard S., Meers J., Field H.E., Breed A.C. (2014). Assessing the risk of Nipah virus establishment in Australian flying-foxes. Epidemiol Infect. 2014 Feb 4:1-14. doi:10.1017/S0950268813003336
- Costard S., Fournié G., Pfeiffer D.U. (2014). Using Risk Assessment as Part of a Systems Approach to the Control and Prevention of HPAIV H5N1. Ecohealth. 2014 Feb 1: 1-8. Doi: 10.1007/s10393-014-0907-1
- de Glanville W.A., Vial L., Costard S., Wieland B. and Pfeiffer D.U. (2014). Spatial multi-criteria decision analysis to predict suitability for African swine fever endemicity in Africa. BMC Veterinary Research, 10:9. doi:10.1186/1746-6148-10-9
- Costard S., Jones B.A., Martínez-López B., Mur L., de la Torre A., Martínez M., Sánchez-Vizcaíno F., Sánchez-Vizcaíno J.M., Pfeiffer D.U., Wieland B. (2013). Introduction of African swine fever into the European Union through illegal importation of pork and pork products. PLoS ONE : e61104. http://dx.plos.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0061104
- Nigsch A, Costard S., Jones BA, Pfeiffer DU, Wieland B. Stochastic spatio-temporal model for African swine fever spread in the European Union during the high risk period. Preventive Veterinary Medicine, 108(4):262-275. doi: 10.1016/j-prevetmed.2012.11.003.
- Costard S., Mur L, Lubroth J, Sanchez-Vizcaino JM, Pfeiffer DU. (2012). Epidemiology of African swine fever virus. Virus Research, 173(1):191-197. doi: 10.1016/j.virusres.2012.10.030.
- Kouamé-Sina SM, Makita K, Costard S., Grace D, Dadié A, Dje M, Bonfoh B. (2012). Hazard identification and exposure assessment for bacterial risk assessment of informally marketed milk in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. Food and Nutrition Bulletin. 33(4):223-234.
- Mariner JC, Hendrickx S, Pfeiffer DU, Costard S., Knopf L, Okuthe S, Chibeu D, Parmley J, Musenero M, Pisang C, Zingeser J, Jones BA, Ali SN, Bett B, McLaws M, Unger F, Araba A, Mehta P, Jost CC. (2011) Integration of participatory approaches into surveillance systems. Rev. Sci. Tech.Off. Int. Epiz., 2011, 30(3):653-659.
- Costard S., Wieland B, de Glanville W, Jori F, Rowlands R, Vosloo W, Roger F, Pfeiffer DU, Dixon LK. (2009). African swine fever: how can global spread be prevented? Philos. Trans. R Soc. Lond. B Biol. Sci. 364 (1530):2683-96.