APPLICATIONS RECEIVED UNTIL JULY 21, 2020
Location: Fort Collins, CO (physical presence strongly preferred)
Position type: Full time
EpiX analytics is a consulting and research firm specialized in risk and decision modeling. We are seeking a full-time Consultant, to contribute to a variety of quantitative risk and decision analysis projects. The candidate will initially focus (for at least one year) on projects related to animal health, infectious diseases, and biosecurity. During this period there will also be opportunities to get involved in other projects related to EpiX’s diversified portfolio.
- Design and develop quantitative models. Models will include probabilistic and statistical models, as well as mechanistic simulation models
- Analysis, interpretation, and assimilation of qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative data source to support risk prioritization and mitigation
- Preparation of reports and peer-reviewed scientific articles
- Participation in meetings and presentations to clients
- Regular interactions and collaboration with colleagues and clients
- PhD, or masters with at least 3 years of equivalent expertise, in a relevant quantitative field e.g. applied statistics, biostatistics, physics, epidemiology, public health, ecology, data science, or related field
- Practical experience working at the intersection of science, policy and decision making
- Knowledge of biosciences, biology, agriculture, and/or food production
- Working experience in statistics, probabilistic modeling, or simulation modeling
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision while also collaborating with colleagues and clients
- Proof of work eligibility in the United States
- Working knowledge of data visualization and BI platforms and techniques such as Tableau, PowerBI/
- Experience with Excel Monte Carlo simulation Add-ins (e.g. @RISK, Crystal Ball, RiskSolver)
- Knowledge and experience with one or several of the following: Social network modeling, spatial-temporal modeling, Bayesian statistics, machine learning, optimization
What we offer?
- Intellectually engaging consulting and research projects
- Opportunity to work and grow in a diverse and collaborative team where your knowledge, insights, and opinion can make a difference
- A working environment with a casual atmosphere and horizontal management structure where you can exchange ideas, learn, and interact directly with colleagues with over 20 years of analytical experience
- Opportunities to present research work, publish white papers and/or scientific articles in relation to work engagements
- Competitive salary while enjoying good work-life balance in beautiful Colorado
- Health insurance, generous vacation plan, 401(K) (including 4% matching), profit share, and paid professional development
Founded in 2003, EpiX Analytics provides pragmatic answers to decision makers using sound quantitative methods. Our team is composed of highly quantitative professionals who enjoy working on a wide variety of projects in the private and public sector.
Successful applicant(s) will be required to pass a background check
EpiX Analytics is an equal opportunity provider and employer.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, EpiX Analytics is prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, and reprisal for retaliation for prior civil rights activity. (Not all bases apply to all programs).
Individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations or alternative means of communication for program information (e.g., braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.) should contact Barbara O’Neill at firstname.lastname@example.org, Ph: 303-440-8524.